Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2014 17:00

Dell 7000 series issues - Keyboard, Display and Charging (7537)

Hello everyone,

I would like to start by saying this is my 3rd 15in 7000 series (7537) laptop. My first was shipped with dead pixels. My second had awful wireless performance (had to be within 5 feet of a router) among other issues. I've already put 16+ hours (+$100s of dollars) into troubleshooting between being on the phone with Dell, in-home repairs, and prepping for depot repairs/reloading the laptop. They've even had me take apart a laptop and reinstall parts over the phone. It has been an awful experience.

Im really hoping I can fix these issues without sending this third laptop out, but I currently I have 3 problems-

• The backlit keyboard does not timeout. The first and second laptop, after no use for ~15 seconds, the backlight would turn off. However, this laptop does not timeout. In fact, even when the computer goes to sleep, the keyboard remains on. When I asked Dell Support, they said it was a "feature." This is not a feature. Lights should not remain on when not in use and when the computer is sleeping. It will stay on for hours at a time.
  • The screen randomly goes black for approximately 5 seconds. It will just cut out and nothing is displayed. I also have an issue with the screen not being nearly as bright as the other laptops Dell sent me, but I gave up when they tried to fix this over the phone and kept asking if it was better when they ran an update. Im not sure if these are connected.
  • The laptop will say its charging for 6+ hours. Is anyone else experiencing this? I cannot believe that the laptop maybe lasts 3 hours on a charge, but takes nearly twice as long to charge to 100%. The other two laptops' batteries would last twice as long and would charge quickly.
  • Bonus! The touchpad likes to go into 'not responding' or sometimes it decides to no longer let me scroll. If this is the only thing that doesnt get fixed, I'll take it.

I'm really hoping to not end up on the phone with Dell Support for another hour+ marathon. Any ideas on what could be causing these issues? My original laptop purchase was new, then was sent refurbished and refurbished laptops. Hopefully I didnt inherit another buyer's problems.

Thank you,

Adam

December 10th, 2017 15:00

So, the tech support think it is my Motherboard, but have given me no reason why as all diagnostics have came back clean.

The noise when playing videos has come back in full force and it is getting much warmer than it used to.

Here is a link to the dump file. Let me know if it works.

liveuclac-my.sharepoint.com/.../guestaccess.aspx

No Events found!