Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2016 13:00

Dell 7352 AC Charger / Battery Issue

I have a Dell Inspiron 13 7352 2 in 1 laptop. I keep getting an error message saying that my 45W AC charger is not recognized and my laptop will not charge. Im using the packed in charger that came with my laptop. Ive taken out the battery, ive updated drivers. Ive updated the bios. I bought a new dell AC adapter (45W) which worked for a few days then stopped. The only thing that is working right now is using a 65W charger. However the 45W one does not work. I dont know if the 65W one will eventually stop working and would like a permanent fix. 

2K Posts

December 9th, 2016 13:00

Hi GREG1017,

When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Where have you obtained the 65W adapter from?

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter plugged in. Also, wiggle the adapter cable at the end and see if the status changes in BIOS at any point.

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us. These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

1 Message

October 26th, 2017 18:00

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 13 7352.

I ran into the same issue as mentioned above. I replaced the adapter with 45W Dell adapter and also replaced the battery. The problem still exists. Whenever I turn on the laptop, it displays "AC adapter voltage and type cannot be determined". When I press F1 to continue, I can use the laptop normally. The battery icon at the bottom of the screen says "plugged in but not charging". Please help.

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 26th, 2017 19:00

The next step is to replace the DC jack:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

That should solve the problem.

If it doesn't, the mainboard is the bad part and will need to be replaced.

No Events found!