Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

X

May 2nd, 2015 06:00

Dell 7520 (15r SE) BIOS checksum error

Hi everyone,

After sucessfully upgrading my laptops BIOS from A09 to A11 yesterday it booted normally but today it just beeps (single beep every few seconds -> ROM checksum error...).

Is there a recovery method like the Phoenix Crisis tool or such to recover a broken BIOS or can I flash the BIOS using an SPI-Flash programmer?

Thanks,

Jakob Riepler

Update:

After initializing an emergency recovery (hold END while plugging in AC power) with an USB drive plugged in with the latest bios file (QCL01A11.fd renamed to QCL01X64.fd extracted from the bios update exe) it started a BIOS recovery and shut itself down after about half an hour. after that it was completely dead (no lights on, no beeping as if it had no power).

Then I tried flashing the bios to the 4mb flash chip which worked but there is still no sign of life and I have no clue where to find a hex file for the 2mb bios flash chip (the second one on the board).

Is there any way to rescue my laptop without swapping the mainboard? (does dell sell the two bios chips preprogrammed?) :(

The thing that really bugs me is, that the rom checksum error happened after one day of normal use after the bios update...

1 Message

April 24th, 2017 14:00

how you fixed this issue i have same issue here. thank you

No Events found!