Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

November 20th, 2016 16:00

Dell 7559 Experiences and problems (comparsion with Acer V15 nitro)

Hi,

I want to share my experiences and problems with my new Dell 7559. The main criterion for selection was performance. So I bought Dell 7566, but it had terrible TN panel. (Version with i5 and 1080p display). So the next choice was Dell 7559. And this is my experiences. I can make comparsion with first version of Acer V15 Nitro (i7 4720HQ + 960M)
Cooling is fine, sometimes too noisy. But its able to cool this laptop without thermal throttling (GTA 5 tested), so i can overclock GTX 960M to +135MHz core and 600MHz VRAM and this frequency is still at maximum. This is not possible on Acer V15 Nitro. Because temperatures are to high, CPU 95-97°C thermal throttling on CPU and GPU. So in final result. Dell can run on maximum overclock without frequency drop and thermal throttling and Acer can run  150-200Mhz lower GPU frequency and without CPU boost. So in this case points to Dell (but with higher noise).
The second criterion was  display. I knew from review about BOE, and his *** quality. But when I opened HWInfo and there was 9HG62_156WF6 (Acer has 156WF6 SPB1) I thought nice it is the same panel. The same great IPS. But it is not. I can read from owners this display on dell 7559 all over internet forums "its nice". But I have V15 Nitro for comparsion. So 156WF6 from dell againts 156WF6 SB1 from Acer. The IPS on Acer is much better. I don't know how is this possible. But Acer has much better colors (saturation, depth...) and black level. Panel on dell has worse red than my old TN monitor (RED 255, 0,0). I tried many ICC profiles, but it doesnt work. I tried to set higher saturation using Intel hd graphic driver. it could be helpful for some colors (but with loosing details), but basic red 255, 0,0 is still ugly. So how is this possible? I will try to calibrate it. But I do not think it will help. BTW: I wrote it to dell, what will happen with warranty if i remove display panel... = loss of warranty  :(
Dell 7559 vs Acer V15 Nitro
There are some ICC profiles, which I tried.:  https://uloz.to/!TecNmMauuW9O/calibration-lg156wf6-rar
Dell 7559 vs my old TN monitor. Look at that red...
If someone has a solution for this, please let me know.
And last thing is  sound quality. The last version of dell audio driver has some best "feature" to bass adjustments with windows volume. If I set Windows volume to maximum and youtube, spotify etc.. to 1/4 it has much more bass than the opposite setting (Windows volume 1/4 and spotify, youtube... to maximum) how to solve this feature or bug?
Sorry for my english, it isn't perfect.  :)

11 Posts

December 13th, 2016 15:00

Up

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 14th, 2016 03:00

The only real solution is to return the system and buy one with a panel that is to your liking.

I have seen a few of these and agree there are competitive systems with much better display panels -- ASUS and Lenovo tend to supply better screens than Dell does with the Inspirons.  

Before buying the replacement you might want to do an in-person test at a retail store.

No Events found!