Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2013 08:00

Dell Battery Replacement

Hi all,

Am using dell studio 1555 laptop with a battery WU946, which is not working. i want to now with which model i should  replace this battery. WU 946 battery is not available.

Model WU946

Capacity 56Wh

Rating 11.1 v

Please reply soon

9 Posts

Hi DELL-Saharsh K ,

I want to replace thee battery since it's not working.battery backup time is 2 minutes

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

Hi sreenathmt,

Please share what is the issue that you are facing with the battery. I'll be happy to help.

The compatible part numbers are KM901, MT276, MT277 and WU960. If you are in the USA, you may contact our Spare Parts and Accessories dept on 1-800-357-3355. If you are in a different region, go to http://dell.to/18NmI2D select the country/region from the top, scroll down and click on 'Contact Dell Sales' to get the contact information.

Please reply if you have any questions.

9 Posts

I want to replace thee battery since it's not working.battery backup time is 2 minutes

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

June 26th, 2013 09:00

Hi sreenathmt,

Please right click on the battery charging icon, and open Battery Health Meter. Please navigate to Battery Health tab and check the battery performance status. Please share the battery health status with me.

If you are not able to see Battery Health Meter option, then install the Quickset Application and then check. Here are the steps:

• click on the link: http://dell.to/18NmI2D
  • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system.
  • You will find the Quickset Application under 'Applications'.
  • Install the Quickset Application by following the on screen instructions.

Please reply with the information.

9 Posts

Hi DELL- saharsh K,

total battery charge - 0%

primary - 0 %

9 Posts

Hi DELL- saharsh K,

In battery health tab  its writtetn as " your battery can no longer provide sufficient power to your system and needs to be replaced.

Mouse pointer on the battery charging icon  displays

0% available(plugged in,not charging) consider replacing your battery

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

Hi sreenathmt,

The reason I asked you to perform all these steps is, at time the issue can be with the charging port and it does not charge the battery. If we try to wiggle the cable we are able to charge the battery. I want to make sure that it is the battery which has failed.

You have shared the Battery Status tab information, please check for the Battery Health tab. That will let you know if the battery is performing normally or whether it needs replacement. Also, hover the mouse pointer on the battery charging icon and check if it displays a message "Plugged in Not Charging".

Please reply back with the information.

9 Posts

June 26th, 2013 10:00

Hi DELL- saharsh K,

On the battery it's written as " only replace with KM887,WU946,MT264". CAN I  USE KM901, MT276, MT277 and WU960 ALSO FOR MY LAP.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

Hi sreenathmt,

You may use any of the below mentioned part number as they are all identical to the currently installed battery on your system:

• KM901
  • MT276
  • MT277
  • PW772
  • RM804
  • WU960

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

Hi sreenathmt,

Thank you for sharing the information. This clearly indicates a battery failure and it is recommended to replace the battery. You may follow the instruction in my initial reply to purchase the battery. Please purchase a Dell battery and refrain from using any alternate non Dell branded battery.

9 Posts

June 27th, 2013 02:00

Hi DELL- saharsh K,,

do i need to buy charger along with this battery

9 Posts

June 27th, 2013 02:00

Hi DELL- saharsh K,

In the bios its written as AC Adapter NOT recognized, am using my laptop just using the charger(battery removed) .is there any problem in doing so.Do i need to buy Ac adapter also with the battery.And the LED adapter on laptop to show charging is not lighted even though the ac adapter is plugged in.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

June 27th, 2013 07:00

Hi sreenathmt,

Please consider replacing the battery. The error message 'plugged in, not charging' is appearing as the battery is not connected and also the one that you have has failed. Once you install a new battery, then check if this error message appears or not and also check if the AC Adapter is getting recognized in BIOS.

If the AC Adapter Type in BIOS is still showing as Unknown/Not Recognized, please try using a good know alternate adapter and check functionality. Also, try to wiggle the AC Adapter cord to check if the connecting port on the laptop is loose or not. As of now replacing the battery shall resolve the issue for you.

9 Posts

July 4th, 2013 08:00

HAi DELL-SAHARSH K,

I have replaced my battery . but its still  showing plugged in not charging.what can i do to solve this issue.how to find out whether the battery is original or not.?

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

July 4th, 2013 16:00

Hi sreenathmt,

Please try updating the BIOS of the system to latest A13 version. Here are the steps

• Click on the link http://dell.to/11kXCru.
  • Download and install the BIOS update following the onscreen instructions.

Note: Make sure the ac adapter is connected and the battery is charged 10% or above to update the BIOS. Also, disconnect all the external peripherals before updating the BIOS. All the programs should be closed and documents saved.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

No Events found!