Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2011 21:00

Dell Bios update Problem

Hello, i have problem with my laptop. It is Dell inspiron N5110  Core I7.    Recently, i update firmware of Bios from A02 to A06. Unfortunately, I noted that

there is a wireless light turn on in Bios and when i log on my window, the bluetooth turn on automatically, while wireless is turned off.  Of course, the previous bios A02 was working fine . Can anyone tell me whether it is fine or something else.?

7 Posts

July 4th, 2011 07:00

Same problem here with my Dell Vostro 3550 -> See my post "BIOS downgrade on Vostro 3550?"

I also made a BIOS Update to Version A06.

Hope they will soon fix this problem. I would advice you to call the Dell-Support to make a bit pressure, as I did this morning.

2 Posts

July 8th, 2011 03:00

Actually, my laptop is made in china. so the service tag is not available in US. it is a little bit hard to brow in Dell of china website. how can i discuss this problem with technical support?

7 Posts

July 8th, 2011 07:00

Firstly, I guess nearly all Dell Notebooks are produced in China, even mine ;) The question is, where did you buy your one? I'm from Germany and therefore got my Vostro from a German Online-Shop. That's the reason why I can only contact the German Dell support with my Service Tag.

On the left of their support side you can find an entry called "contact" with the sub-entry "contact technical support". When you click on this you'll have the chance to get help via Telephone or E-Mail.

Regarding the problem with the bluetooth: I just deactivated the bluetooth in the device manager. Even though the wifi-LED is still on when I start my Notebook, I can be sure that the bluetooth is off.

Nonetheless the problem is very annoying and I hope (or better I take this for granted) that Dell will soon announce an update to resolve this issue.

No Events found!