Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

October 7th, 2016 14:00

Dell Customer Support is a NIGHTMARE! (Vent)

I bought a used Dell laptop from a reputable vendor, but unfortunately the admin password in the BIOS was set. A week ago I tried asking Dell support if there was a way to remove or access the function.

"Oh yes sir, we can do that!" was their reply. "But you have Business Services, you have to speak with Consumer Services. Here is their number."

The next agent says, "Oh yes, we can do that but you have to speak to the people at Out-of-Warranty Services. Don't worry. This one time service call will be free."

The next agent says, "Oh yes sir. We can do that but you must speak to the Canadian Services group."

The next agent says, "Oh yes sir. We can help you, but you must register online and provide a receipt as proof of purchase, and a picture of your service tag."

I go online, create an account, have my Dell recognized by the website by installing an app, and get the required documents and start all over again.

After going through all the transfers from one agent to another, I find someone that finally seems to be able to help me. I email him the documents. The account that I created seems to be completely inconsequential as they ask me for more registration, and details. We mess around with establishing me as a Dell client for 2 hours (of a day of vacation).

He finally tells me that he has a password that I can use to access the BIOS settings. I reboot and try it, and of course, it doesn't work. Several hours making phone calls, getting required information all for absolutely nothing. I hate Dell. I will always remember that Dell=****. And I'm still stuck with this piece of junk that I can't so much as change the boot order. Anybody want a laptop real cheap?

532 Posts

November 1st, 2016 19:00

Hi,

We’re listening and we’ll surely try and assist you. We understand that you need assistance in removing the BIOS password, so that you’ll be able to change the boot order for the computer. We request you to share the following details through a private message for us to proceed further. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’

1. The service tag of the system.

2. Your email address.

3. The registered owner name of this system.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 2nd, 2016 06:00

If the vendor is reputable and cannot supply the password, it should be willing to take the system back and refund your purchase price.  That's what you need to do.

November 2nd, 2016 17:00

..or replace the board.  OR replace the laptop.

No Events found!