Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2013 16:00

Dell D5000 Dock

This is driving me crazy! I bought the Latitude 6430u with the D5000 dock for our CEO. I set it up and updated the firmware and drivers. I can connect to two external Monitors, one with the HDMI to DVI adapter and the other with the DisplayPort to VGA dongle. The HDMI to DVI works great for any monitor. The problem is that the DisplayPort to VGA dongle will not work with Dell Monitors! It works fine if I use a Viewsonic or LG Monitors, I have tried two different known good Dell monitors, the FP1901 and a FP1907 in both cases the computer or dock cannot see or connect to the Dell monitor. If anyone has run into this issue please let me know. I can't turn this over to my CEO when it only works with disparate monitors.

June 22nd, 2014 12:00

I have the same issue with the dock, it doesn't see Display port to to VGA connection (projector), but laptop itself works great with display port to VGA connection dongle. so its dock issue be it drivers or otherwise.

I hope its not fault with my device but I've noticed that signal drops if you move hand between the dock and lid and also drops if laptop exceeds 2.5 meters.

If anyone has answers please let me know.

No Events found!