Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 3rd, 2013 11:00

Dell D5000 dock with M6700, Installation problem,

Hi all,

A friend recomended me to instal the dell dw1601 in my precision m6700 so I bought one and it is working fine. Appart from the bleutooth but thats another story. Now I thought lets try the d5000 so I borrowed one from another friend but could not install the applications for it. As soon as I try to instal it gives the following error: Platform not supported. installhelperlib returned 0 expected value is 1.
Now me as sly as I am got into the temp folder and got the folder with a part of the instalation files.
I figured out the cause of the problem. It contains a command promt (isdellpc.exe) that checks if the laptop is a dell pc. If it is it returns a 1, if it is not a 0.
Now that rises the new problem:

Why does it not recognise my laptop as a dell pc and is there a way around it?

I also found an .msi file in the temp folderwich contains less than half the mb's (48/120) of the original .exe. After some searching on the internet I installed the windows SDK and with windows Orca I could exchange the 1 for a 0 in the .msi and instal the .msi. Now finaly it shows the wireless manager installed but if I open the manager it shows loads of errors and I fear I'm still missing a lot of things.

Does anyone know how to solve any of these problems, and is anyone experiencing the same problems?

Also for the Bleutooth problem does anyone know where to get the bleutooth antenna for the dw1601? (as Dell Netherlands is, as they say, not able to supply me with one)

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Don

Ps: Excuse me for my bad English as it is not my native language.

April 30th, 2014 15:00

Yes, It is fully funtional now...

3 Posts

April 30th, 2014 14:00

hello. Could you resolve your problem?

3 Posts

April 30th, 2014 22:00

Could you help me? I have the same Dell m6700 and problem with installation Application.

May 1st, 2014 03:00

I would like to send you a pm on that... There are some things I need to send you... However I cant send you a pm on your profile...

3 Posts

May 1st, 2014 23:00

Now you can send.  

1 Message

June 16th, 2014 03:00

Please could you help me also, I'm having the same issue.

I've extracted three different folders from the temp area, that look like they have related parts in:

IsDellPC.exe is in one, along with visual c redist's; The MSI in the other one, and the last with InstallHelper.dll in (although could be remnant from previous attempt).

I can load D5000 Wireless Dock.msi into Orca, and see loads of tables, although haven't spotted the one to change from a 1 to 0 yet! - and in any case double clicking on the existing MSI results in an error "this installation package could not be opened".

Any help / pointers appreciated

June 16th, 2014 08:00

I send you a pm...

February 26th, 2015 16:00

Hi, would you be willing to help me out with this? 

1 Message

May 11th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

I am trying to install Network_Application_P6KRF_WN_1.8.5.1280_A09.EXE  on my M6700 and I am having the same issue when installing it.

After installation it says: Installation platform not supported. Error details: 4. INSTALLHELPERLib returned 0. And expected value was 1.

Could anyone please post some guidance/solution for this issue?

May 11th, 2015 15:00

Send me a pm so I can send you some files... If you do not allow pm's I can not help you...

No Events found!