Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2013 03:00

Dell D620 Booting / Hard Drive Problem

HI everyone

My Dell D620 is not detecting my hard drive, It shows an error " No bootable devices Strike F1 to retry, F2 for Setup Utility.

I removed the hard Drive from laptop, and reattached it into hard drive port/bay. after that it worked normally. but Next day when I powered on my D620, it showed the same message. Again I removed the drive and reinstalled and worked!!!

I am really confused whether it is problem of my hard drive or connectors of mother board or something else.  :emotion-9:

Please Help if anybody can. I shall be grateful to you. 

P.S : I dont have another laptop/External Case to test my current hard drive.

Thanks in Advance.

Usman

953 Posts

August 25th, 2013 05:00

Hi Usman Abid,

Run Dell Diagnostics with the Hard Drive connected. Click here to find steps on how to run Dell Diagnostics. If the diagnostics returns any error code, please add the exact text of the error code in your reply.

2 Posts

August 25th, 2013 13:00

Hi Zohaib R

Thanks for replying, On Diagnostics it shows 10000141 error.

Saying no Hard Drive found. But why it detects hard drive when I remove it and reinsert couple of times.  :emotion-3: :emotion-3:

2.4K Posts

August 25th, 2013 14:00

Well you will not know if it is the hard drive or the connector until you put a known good hard drive in it.

953 Posts

August 26th, 2013 07:00

Hi Zohaib R

Thanks for replying, On Diagnostics it shows 10000141 error.

Saying no Hard Drive found. But why it detects hard drive when I remove it and reinsert couple of times.  :emotion-3: :emotion-3:

Hi Usman Abid,

Error code”0141” indicates “no drive detected”. Your system BIOS is reporting that no Hard Disk Drive is being reported. As you have already re-seated the Hard Drive several times please go by the steps suggested by “dallascowboysworldchamps”. If a known good hard drive is available, see if the good drive can be detected in the system or try the suspect drive in a working system (may be a friend’s computer).

No Events found!