Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2010 15:00

Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0

I have a Inspiron 1545 purchased from Costco on April 13 of this year. For a couple reasons I thought I needed to re-install  Win 7 OS system. I was sent a DVD with the purchase. I have since learned from a post today that Dell is not sending out this disk anymore and you can create a recovery disk by going to all programs and selecting Dell DataSafe Backup to create this recovery disk. Guess what, that program is not their, with some other missing Dell programs, after the re-install. 

Does anyone know how I get that Dell directory of programs back?

32 Posts

June 11th, 2010 08:00

NO ANSWERS? I guess my only option is to return the computer. I have 90 days.

6.4K Posts

June 11th, 2010 09:00

I generally purchase direct from Dell, so some of this may not apply to you.

Assuming you have properly registered the computer with Dell, you should be able to register at MyDellDownloads in order to get the material you need to reinstall your Dell software.  The computer I recently ordered has a card in the packing material that instructs the user to do that.  Go back through the packing and see if you received similar material.

Beyond that I'm not sure what to tell you.  Since you purchased it from an authorized retailer I would think you would need to go back and talk to their customer service folks.

No Events found!