Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 11th, 2012 06:00

Dell Declining to Repair Under Warranty

Am I being unreasonable?

I have a Latitude E4200 – small and lightweight.  The laptop does not have a clasp so, if you want to open the lid, you hold the base with one hand and lift the lid with the other – lots of laptops are like this…

The only part of the lid you can lift on the E4200 is the display bezel – the bezel plastic covers part of the screen (as with most laptops) but also wraps around the narrow part of the lid.  You cannot open the lid without grasping the display bezel.

My display bezel is cracked at the point where I normally grasp the lid to open it.  Despite my 3 year warranty having 6 months to run, Dell is refusing to replace the display bezel quoting from the warranty T&Cs exceptions: "" Service or repairs for any damage to or defect in the Supported Product that is purely cosmetic and which does not affect the device functionality. ""

Dell says it is cosmetic and I say it is essential to the laptop – if it was not there I would have to grasp the screen to open the lid!

Am I being unreasonable?

37 Posts

January 15th, 2013 21:00

HI Rajesh,

I just thought I would say "thank you" for sorting out my issue - much appreciated and it has restored my faith in Dell.

Regards,

Marc

3.3K Posts

October 11th, 2012 07:00

Hi MarcMarc,

Allow me to sincerely apologize for any difficulties you may have encountered in attempting to resolve your concerns.  Dell strives to provide an efficient, first-time resolution for every call.  While I realize that only our future interactions can restore your confidence in us completely.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and help you with the correct drivers. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Awaiting your response!

37 Posts

October 11th, 2012 11:00

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the response - I will send you a message but my issue is not with drivers but with my warranty not being honoured.

37 Posts

January 2nd, 2013 21:00

Hi Rajesh,

I guess you are busy but I thought I should let you know that I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

Marc

3.3K Posts

January 3rd, 2013 23:00

Hi Marc,

I regret for the delay in reponse.I have sent a private message.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!