Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2013 23:00

Dell Driver Analyze Utility - not working

I've been trying to run the Dell Driver Analyze Utility to check for drivers updates on my recently bought Inspiron 17R SE . 

Every time is run the utility first I get :

Initializing the Dell Driver Analyze Utility

Scan Progress Image  We are initializing the Dell Driver Analyze Utility... one moment please.
and after a few minutes :
We're sorry
 We're sorry, we were unable to analyze your system. Please return to the Drivers Home Return to 
Tech support gave me useless answer like " there is a temporary system problem, check back in 24 hours"
or even worse :
"why do you want to update the drivers, there is no need for that, if the system is working fine!!!
Anyone with my same problem,
P_

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

July 17th, 2013 23:00

Hi Paky,

I am sorry for the inconvenience; please try with a different browser (Internet explorer) and check if the issue persists?

8 Posts

July 18th, 2013 08:00

Already tried with Chrome. IE and Firefox. Still the same.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

July 19th, 2013 04:00

Hi Paky,

Please try the driver’s homepage link which is mentioned below.

http://dell.to/10j0xQQ

In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code and update the necessary drivers.

Let us know about the progress.

8 Posts

July 19th, 2013 10:00

Do you really get paid to give this useless answers ? I am asking to solve the problem of the Driver Analyze utility NOT working. The one that is supposed to check the drivers you have and match them with any exsisting update. You know very well what I am talking about. The page you are referring to takes me exactly to the utility I am talking about. I do not want a list of updates based on the service tag. These updates do NOT consider the possibility that some files have already been udpated. It just list a bunch of file, most of them are already installed on my laptop.

8 Posts

July 19th, 2013 11:00

Let me just give you and examaple : the driver page you suggest recommend to update the driver of the alps touchpad to an earlier version , how stupid is that. It's because the service tag does NOT know anything of the current driver versions of the devices.

2 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 03:00

Yes I have exactly the same problem. I've tried in IE and Chrome. It fails in a few seconds in IE, takes much longer  to fail in Chrome. This is on a Dell XPS 13, IE10, Win 8 64 bit. 

Also I have to agree with you that the suggestion from the Dell representative above was absolutely useless - very frustrating that that should pass for an official comment from Dell.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

July 22nd, 2013 04:00

Hi,

I am sorry about the disconnect, please send me the system service tag or express service code, and the operating system your using in the system, through a private message.

Once I get all the information, I will escalate this issue to the internal team.

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details.

1 Message

July 22nd, 2013 05:00

I also have this problem, but with an XPS8500 on Windows 8 64Bit.  Seems like a lot of people are having issues with the analyzer tool.  Any chance Dell are going to fix this?

2 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 17:00

Thanks Senthil, I have PMed you with the details you requested. Please keep us informed of progress.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

July 24th, 2013 01:00

Hi Ziggyzack,

Thanks for the information, I have escalated this issue to the internal team, once I get an update I will keep you posted.

8 Posts

July 27th, 2013 16:00

I have solved this problem. Download the system detect app. Double click to start it manually, then go back to the page and click "detect system". The software SHOULD be made to activate on its own, but if you start it manually the web-based system detect process will kick in and work. However, I have still found it to be defective, as it continues to tell me to update something I have already updated. Sadly, that's the state of Dell technical support. You're on your own. Fortunately, the hardware generally works. Eventually.

1 Message

August 15th, 2013 10:00

I also have the same issue, I get redirected after being told I might need to update one of the video drivers. I recently updated one of the drivers, but I want to scan to make sure it has been correctly installed. Is there now a workaround for this issue?

9 Posts

August 30th, 2013 04:00

I'm using the latest release of IE and still having the same problem :emotion-6:

2 Posts

August 31st, 2013 22:00

Same thing.  N5110 - Win 8

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 7th, 2013 08:00

the same with my laptop. Dell support is going worse and worse. It is really crisis in DELL?

3 months they repair this function, and no result. Or i think they do nothing to solve it!

Russian drunk hackers are working better than dell employees.

Time to get SONY or lenovo.

No Events found!