Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2017 15:00

Dell INSPIRON 15 TOUCH SCREEN NOT WORKING?

I've noticed that I'm not the only one having this issue so does anyone have the solution to this?

My HID doesn't have the touch screen selected anymore... I restarted it and it isn't working and the touch screen in Device Manager isn't there anymore. 

2 Posts

January 13th, 2017 12:00

I even did a restoration of the whole computer and the touch screen hasn't started working. I started having issues when I checked into the Device Manager and noticed that under Human Interface Devices the HID Touch screen (along with a few under it) were marked as "hidden". When I did the restore I thought it would fix the problem but it only seemed to completely get rid of it?

Instead of it being marked as hidden the only things I have under Human Interface Devices is the two options for Airplane Mode Switch. 

• There is no touch so Calibrate isn't effective
  • The pen and touch option keeps saying it is unavailable
  • Turning it off and on doesn't work

Please help.

2K Posts

January 14th, 2017 10:00

Hi 4W3Y5TUKJL,

What is the exact system model? What is the current OS installed on the system?

Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1n3X2po - enter the service tag and download the BIOS, update and restart the machine and check. Also, check if there is a firmware available and install the same on the system and check.

Restart the system and press f2 on startup to enter BIOS and check if the touchscreen works in BIOS.

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us. These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional. 

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!