The_Scottsman
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron 14 7437 display stopped working

My wife has one of these, and hers is experiencing the same problem. The touch screen works, and I can connect the laptop to our LCDTV, and get a picture. This makes me think the problem is NOT with the graphics chip, but perhaps with the cable that connects the screen to the motherboard?

It sounds like this was a problem from the get-go, and Dell never addressed it correctly. I've bought quite a few Dell's over the years, and have been generally satisfied with their performance, and customer service. But My wife's 7347 was our last Dell.

SierraTango
1 Copper

mine stopped working 6 months ago, and i've never bothered to fix it.

it's interesting how so many of us have same issue.

HDMI, Touch works, just no display haha, any fixes?

0 Kudos

I have the same problem, since 2 weeks. Touch still works. Anyone found a solution yet?

0 Kudos
DLinDenver
1 Copper

Mine has the same symptoms, no display, touch works and external monitor works.  NOTE, If I shine a bright light on the screen you can see the proper image that changes as it should.  The BackLight is bad , poor connection or computer is not telling it to light up.   I plan to replace the backlight (and may have to replace the screen assembly as a unit.  Cost looks to be around $50.  Surprising that with all the similar problems Dell only tells me to pay the $250 for a year of support and buy whatever parts they want to sell me (screen seems to be unavailable from them, but others have it in stock.)

dellvuser
1 Copper

I also purchased the Ultrabook Inspiron 14 7437 core i7 in June 2014. everything worked fine for a year but after that display stopped working.  touch, HDMI works properly, i can use external monitor but display always shows either black or gray screen with multiple stripes.

dell support came up with cost of display that sounds like a JOKE. the cost of display (only part)  is $650. This is really crazy, we can get new laptop in this much amount.

0 Kudos