Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 6th, 2016 17:00

Dell Inspiron 14R 5420 - new keyboard not working

Hello

One key of the keyboard of my laptop wasn't working,. I verified it was a problem on the keyboard itself, so I bought a new one. I have removed my keyboard before, so I figured it wasn't an issue. So I installed the new one, everything ok. Then I turned my laptop off and I saw the keyboard was unaligned, so i moved it a little bit. Now both old keyboard and new don't work. The connector seems to be fine, but I'm not an technician. I have already tried to reinstall the driver, but they still don't work.

Any ideas?

Thank you for you time.

October 7th, 2016 14:00

Hi Edivar_f

Thanks for writing to us.

As both the old and the new keyboards are not working, looks like the port on the motherboard is gone faulty.

Just to doublecheck you can try an external USB keyboard and check how its working.

If the system is under warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private

conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email). We will see what best option we have got. If

there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call -

http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

in blue and then select send a private message

2 Posts

October 8th, 2016 17:00

Hi

I'm not from US, so I'll seek for specialized support in my country. Thank you for your help.

October 8th, 2016 17:00

Hi We are awaiting your response.

October 9th, 2016 17:00

Nice to hear from you. We support outside US as well. do let us know if we could be of any further help

No Events found!