Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2015 10:00

Dell Inspiron. 14z 5423 not powering on.

I'm a new user to the forums, so I would appreciate a little help here.

What's happened is that my dell inspiron 14z 5423 seems to have shut down permanently.

It hasn't been doing anything when I press the power key. In fact, it doesn't even show any signs of charging.

The light on the battery indicates it is working perfectly, but the charge indicator on the laptop isn't working.. My computer was about to run out of battery when I shut it down during the time it was working flawlessly.

I've tested the power outlet with other chargers and it doesn't seem to have problems. The laptop isn't even taking me to the boot screen when the computer opens up. Basically, pressing the power key has no effect on the computer.

Can any fix be suggested for this??

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 6th, 2015 12:00

Disconnect the battery (under the base cover) and unplug the system.  Hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules.

Try powering up with the battery disconnected.  If it will, then try with the battery again - if it'll power up without the battery installed but not with it, the battery is faulty.  If it won't power up after doing the foregoing procedure, the mainboard is bad.

No Events found!