Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 27th, 2015 15:00

Dell Inspiron 15 - 3000 series - Beep Beep Beep Pause Beep Beep Beep

Hi,

My laptop here is a Dell Inspiron 15, 3000 series. 

The laptop itself works perfectly fine, I am able to get into windows (which I installed myself, it originally came with Ubuntu). 

Occasionally though, it will do a BEEP BEEP BEEP PAUSE BEEP BEEP BEEP PAUSE (repeats).

This happens on boot and sometimes when I am using it. Sometimes it turns off suddenly when I am shifting the computer around. It's extremely loud.

What is causing this? The sound seems to be coming from around the area the Memory banks are under the laptop, but nothing seems to suggest that anything is wrong.

I took a suggestion and used FN+Power to do Hardware Diagnostics which said nothing is wrong.

What else can I try?

Thanks!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

March 28th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if the beep pattern repeats.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if the beep pattern repeats and reply us with the beep count.

If you still receive 3 Beeps on the system then it indicates System board failure.. You will have to replace it on the laptop.

Please let me know the findings.

July 17th, 2015 07:00

Hi, 2 months back i got my son Dell Inspiron 15 3000 , after a few days my son started complaining "" the lap top gets stuck "" initially i didn't believe him but now when he stopped using i put the machine under observation. It really gets stuck , Can u pl guide how to resolve the issue?

3 Posts

November 21st, 2016 16:00

I also have an Ispiron 15 3000 series, running Windows 10 that it came with.  In the last week it started beeping on start up in 5 beep, 3 times,  sometimes I get a message saying it cannot identify the power source and offers to run a diagnostic. If I run it it beeps the whole time it is doing it and finds nothing.  Other than the that it is running find.  18 minutes on the phone with tech support and they could not even identify my computer.

1 Message

July 15th, 2017 10:00

I had the same problem a hour ago. Thx God i found this post and in one minute the problem was gone.

2 Posts

July 20th, 2017 04:00

What  will  I do

2 Posts

July 20th, 2017 04:00

Yes  is still  making 8 beep sound

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 20th, 2017 05:00

Hold the D key through powerup.  You should see a series of alternating solid color screens -- if you don't, the display panel is bad.

If you do, then either the display cable is not properly connected, damaged, or the mainboard is bad.  Check the cable that runs between the mainboard and back of the display panel.  If it's damaged, replace it.  if that doesn't solve the issue, replace the mainboard.

December 7th, 2017 03:00

thank you very much sir. You saved me!!!!! thank you very very much again!!!

No Events found!