Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2016 13:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3558 SLOW

I just purchased a new Dell Inspiron 15 3558 two days ago. The first day, boot was slow and I thought it was due to the computer setting everything up for first use. Now its been two days and I still have the same problem. I noticed that the dell logo appears twice, once with the loading circle spinning and the other time with the loading circle frozen. It also takes about 130 seconds for me to get to the login screen. When i log in, everything takes some time to load and the windows start menu and search don't work until after 30 seconds. I have to wait an additional minute for everything to load properly. Also, whenever i play games that I can support, they are slow on low graphics and after I exit a game, my laptop becomes unusable. I usually have to restart my laptop for it to work without freezing or any lag. I just bought this laptop brand new and the specs are decent. Why do I have so many problems?

My Specs are:

Fifth Gen i3-5015u CPU (2.1GHz), 1TB HDD, 4GB RAM, Intel HD 5500 Graphics 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 20th, 2016 16:00

I noticed that the dell logo appears twice, once with the loading circle spinning and the other time with the loading circle frozen. It also takes about 130 seconds for me to get to the login screen.

:emotion-2:

Too many problems. You might as well use the system image that you have created or reset windows 10.

Windows 10 Reset: How to Wipe a Computer Clean Start Over & Save Personal Files - Step by Step Free

https://youtu.be/eXaO_sw9a-U

1 Message

September 14th, 2016 10:00

I too recently purchased this model and am very disapointed. I went to replace the HD with and SSD and increase the RAM but there is no access panel on the back . I tried to remove teh entire back cover by taking out all of teh screws mut teh back cover does not release. I have traced teh edge to find a release point but no luck. This is very frustrating. Any suggestions?

1 Message

November 17th, 2016 00:00

10 days into my new Inspiron 3558-i5-5200U cpu @ 2.20GHz,  4 G ram, I'm having performance issues.

1. More than 3 minutes boot time and further 2 min until it takes my first command(mouse click)

2. Slow on regular work, a right click menu appears after a delay of 5-10 seconds.

3. Internet speed slows down(As compared to hp-machine placed beside and connected to the same wi-fi)

4. Even the wi-fi signal strength shows low as compared to the adjacent machine

5. The Bottom part heats up and becomes impossible to hold it in your lap.

My usage is limited to only 1-2 hours per day, with no extra software installation other than those provided along with the purchase.

Spoke to customer care but it seems it wouldn't benefit much.

Any Dell repersentative on this forum,

Please help...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 17th, 2016 07:00

maddiot wrote: " 4. Even the wi-fi signal strength shows low as compared to the adjacent machine "

Please check Wireless Adapter Settings in Power Options. Right click windows icon at left bottom of taskbar, click Power Options, "Change Plan Settings", "Change Advanced Power Settings", and then wireless adapter settings. Please click on links below:

How to fix wifi limited access problem in windows 10 ...

How to Fix WIFI Limited Access Problem in Windows 10 ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Hi maddiot

I went back and made changes to some of my posts on the first page. Please go back and try some of my suggestions. I'd suggest you first update System Setup(BIOS) on the computer and see if that makes a difference. Please watch video I've posted on 1st page to safety install latest BIOS.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Also.....

EDIT

Update the wireless router's firmware to the latest available, refer to the wireless router documentation or contact the wireless router manufacturer, links are provided in Table 1

Resolving Connection Issues on Your Wi-Fi Network

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 17th, 2016 08:00

" 10 days into my new Inspiron "

Please keep in mind, you have 30 days from invoice date to return it and order a new one. If this is a software issue, you also have 30 days of software support.

U.S. Return Policy | Dell

No Events found!