Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2016 21:00

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series 2-in-1 Laptop left clicking if pushing on surround or underneath touchpad

So i just bought this thing yesterday from office depot. what is happening is if i rest my forearms on the case of the laptop it will left click on the touch pad. which is very annoying since it always makes me start typing where ever my cursor is at that time. Also if and press very lightly up from the bottom of the laptop right below the touch pad and it will do the same thing i think something is screwy here.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

August 19th, 2016 06:00

Hi kylerf150,

Thanks for posting.

Sounds like there might be a problem with that particular computer, perhaps you should return it to Office Depot quickly and get another one or a refund.

Regards,
Robert

6 Posts

November 29th, 2017 10:00

Did you ever receive a solution for this? I ended up buying an HP envy because of frustrations caused by the same issue. The amount of flex found in the bottom chassis causes issues - even when using the laptop on a desk surface. It's almost unusable in my lap. The chassis flexes with minimal amounts of pressure which in turns decompresses the switches associated with the touch pad. Very annoying.

I would be very happy if Dell could revive that 2-in-1. I enjoy most of my Dell products including an alienware 15 r3.

No Events found!