Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 3rd, 2016 17:00

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series No boot device found

I just purchased this labtop and was running fine until after about a week the computer needed to update Bios. I closed all running programs and allowed for the computer to update. When I came back to check on my computer it would say no boot device found press any key to restart. I would do this repeatedly to no avail. I ran ePSA diagnostics and it said everything was working with the computer. Please help!!!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 4th, 2016 12:00

Assuming you made no changes to the default setup, be sure the system is set for UEFI enabled and secure boot is ON.  If those changed, the drive won't boot the system.

F2 at powerup to get in and check.

1 Message

August 4th, 2016 11:00

Tyler, I have the same problem....so what can we do?  I cannot use my laptop at all.  I will NEVER trust Dell again!  Keep me posted if someone figures this out!

2 Posts

August 4th, 2016 12:00

I have the same problem, there was a Dell update yesterday,I think it was a bios update and now the Dell Inspiron 17 5000 will not boot.  (Press any key to restart)  .

2 Posts

August 4th, 2016 15:00

Thanks, it worked for me.   Also, I needed to make sure the Legacy Boot Rom option was disabled, if Secure Boot was enabled.

Thank you so much man. Worked like a charm. The Bios update must have changed them or something. Thanks Again!

EJN3 answered it for me which you should be able to see in this discussion. Works like a charm!

No Events found!