Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2014 18:00

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series screen glitches

I just got a new Inspiron 15 5000 series model P39F a couple days ago for work. What is happening is periodically while I am on the laptop the screen glitches/blinks black then all is fine until it does it again. There is no pattern and it just happens every once in a while. Not sure if I need to adjust a setting or if this is a display/screen defect. Anybody else have this happen to them?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 30th, 2014 01:00

Hi markelhaj,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS and Video card driver on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section and Video card driver from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, I’d suggest that you optimize and maintain your computer. Please run the fix it tools from the link below to check for issue resolution.

http://dell.to/1a2tzGD

Please let me know if this helps.

2 Posts

September 2nd, 2014 16:00

Hello Ravi, I did go ahead and update the BIOS driver, there were 2 to choose from but they looked the same to me so I picked the first one. As for the video card driver there were also 2 choses (different) so I picked the most recent one. I hope that was correct. With both updated drivers installed I am still getting the glitches. I noticed it more after the updates while in Outlook and while typing emails. Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem?

September 5th, 2014 03:00

I'm having the same problem with mine. Does anyone know if they is a driver issue or hardware issue? 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 5th, 2014 21:00

Hi markelhaj,

Sorry for the delayed response as our Dell Community forum was under maintenance. Please boot the system to BIOS screen (F2 during Startup) and check if issue reoccurs.

Also, please connect the system to an external monitor and check if the issue reoccurs.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 5th, 2014 22:00

Hi Fear before,

Please refer to my previous post suggested by me to update the BIOS and Video card driver. Please boot the system to BIOS screen (F2 during Startup) and check if issue reoccurs.

Also, please connect the system to an external monitor and check if the issue reoccurs.

1 Message

December 19th, 2014 03:00

Hi, I just got a new laptop Inspiron 15 5547 core i7 and it already has screen flickering issues so I got it replaced with a another one, same model and I still have the screen flicker issue with it and it has not been 24 hours of using although it's not as bad/frequent as the first one and seldom happens but still annoying.

I mean, It's a very brand new laptop and it has issues already? Do you already have a fix for this? Already updated the bios and video drivers and everything you said but it still has the screen flickering. I also adjusted the adaptive brightness thing but that didnt solve the issue.

I did the stress test on the video & cpu - it passed but during the stress test it would flicker at times.

I am hoping that you'd be able to fix this. 
Looking forward to hear from you the soonest Thank you.

1 Message

January 23rd, 2016 11:00

I have just taken delivery of the same laptop and I am experience the same problem! This is not acceptable in a brand new product - Dell you clearly have a problem with these - and telling customers to flash bios's of something they have just taken delivery off is just ridiculous.

Very unhappy customer!!!

1 Message

May 23rd, 2016 19:00

Hi sir!

How to locate this BIOS and Video Card. Im having the same problem. Thanks

November 29th, 2016 11:00

Dell start acting like Apple... I was used to superbe products quality and now when you buy a laptop you can bet on the fact that BGA chips will fail sooner or later... Let's put on face, this problem can't be fixed by replacing the mother board. New motherboard will just procrastinate the failure. In order to definitely solve an issue, the maker should change what have been demostrate to cause the issue and not replace a part that has the issue with another identical one. Faulty by design=Planned obsolescence.

2 Posts

July 23rd, 2017 05:00

i have the same kind of problem brand new laptop and inspiron 15 5000 and from the start is slow and it glitches even for a simple video on youtube

No Events found!