Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2012 20:00

Dell-Inspiron 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive-Black-I15-2728BK : Model Number: I15-2728BK

Hello,

I was trying to find the product specification and user's manual for the above laptop.

I do not see any in your website though it is a DELL laptop !!!! 

Could you please guide me o find it and send the product specifications please .......!!!

Thx,

Ind

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 5th, 2012 21:00

Hello,

The information is the specification of the LCD, System Memory and the Hard Drive. We would need the System Model Number to get the exact system specification and the user manual. The model number would be something like, Inspiron 15R / Inspiron 1545 / Inspiron 15 (5050) etc. You can get the system model on the sticker on the bottom panel of the laptop or by Opening the Dell Support Center. As soon as you open Dell Support Center it would show the system model. 

Please write back with the system model, would be glad to assist further. 

11 Posts

December 10th, 2012 11:00

Alan,

I see only inspiron 3520 mentioned along with service tag(S/N) : as Will that help you to guide me , I want to know it is upgradable to what RAM memory and other specifications? Also let me know how  can I find those details as I swithch on the laptop? ?

Please help ASAP,

Thanks, Ind

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 10th, 2012 22:00

Hi,

Inspiron 3520 has 2 user-accessible SODIMM memory slots which support DDR3 DIMMs from 1333 MHz (Sandy Bridge) to 1600 MHz (Ivy Bridge) and supports a minimum of 2 GB to a maximum of 8 GB of system memory. The system has 2 slots. Each can support up to 4 GB. Click here to learn more about the memory upgrade. 

Also click here for the User Manual and System Specifications that you have asked for in your first post.

Please write back if you have any further questions.

1 Message

December 12th, 2012 11:00

I bought the dell laptop recently and i am willing to upgrade to 8gb below is the ram model can i go head and buy this laptop memory

Dell - Inspiron 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Black

Model: I15-2728BK
SKU: 6913616
UPC: 884116103929

Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Laptop Memory Model CT2KIT51264BC1339

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 12th, 2012 22:00

Hello Vinny,

I guess you are referring to  to Inspiron 3520. If yes, you can purchase the Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Laptop Memory Model CT2KIT51264BC1339. Inspiron 3520 has 2 user accessible memory slots supporting maximum of 8GB. You may also refer the Crucial Memory Advisor

In case the system is not an Inspiron 3520, I would request you to help me with the system model. I would be glad to assist you further.  

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 13th, 2012 00:00

Hello Inkd,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

11 Posts

December 13th, 2012 10:00

Hi Alan,

The user manual and specifications details are not complete and does not give us a clear picture at all. Are there any other resources? Mine has Intel core i5 3201M processor with 4GB RAM and 500 gB hard drvie

It seems it has issues with Wifi connection also. It frequently cuts off the connection even if my home network connection is up and good.  Would it be any driver issues? if so how do I upgrade it?

Please help me to solve this problem as it is very annoying .

If it is continuing, I am thinking of returning it back to Best Buy  

thx, Ind

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 13th, 2012 23:00

Hi Indk,

Please click here for Troubleshooting the wireless connection issue. I would also suggest you to uninstall and re-install the wireless adapter. 
-- Click start.
-- Open Control Panel.
-- Open Device Manager.
-- Choose Network Adapters.
-- Uninstall the wireless adapter.
-- Restart the computer.
-- Download and Install the wireless drivers from here.
-- Choose the wireless adapter from the list and install it.
-- Restart the computer and check the functionality.

Regarding the system specification, I would request you private message me the system service tag, I would check the exact system specification and would let you know. To private message, click on my user name and click start conversation. 

Awaiting your response!

11 Posts

January 17th, 2013 19:00

Hi Alan,

Now the networking problem seemed to be solved by itself but some other problem started with my Inspiron 3520 - which I have purchased during cyber Monday sale. I haven't used it for long time time, but started using it since 2 weeks. Every time I use either gmail or hotmail or any email clients or any typing, the cursor jumps around even if I do not touch any.(either touch pad or mouse).

It is really annoying as it moves around the letters and hard to type anything.

What could be the reason? I had the factory installed McAfee running and don not think a malware or spyware problem. 

Any suggestions?? I will send the service tag in a private message soon.

Appreciate your response,

Thanks,

Indira

January 28th, 2013 23:00

Go to Control Panel --> Dell Touchpad --> Turn on "Touchguard" feature.

No Events found!