Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 14th, 2013 02:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7000(7537) WiFi issue

Hi,

I purchased  the dell inspiron 7000 laptop last week. It has some issues with wifi connectivity.. Though it gets connected, we can see the signal bar fluctuating randomly and the speed of the interent connection is very slow. I am using the same connection for my phone and also checked it with other laptops and the wifi connection seems to have no problem. The download speed on the laptop shows 0.50mbps, while the download speed on another laptop connected to the same connection at the same time and spot shows 6.8mbps.

I have reported the issue the very next day of my purchase, so far I have not obtained any help from the dell customer support. Finally two days back I got a mail stating that there will be a service engineer visiting me in 2-3 working days. But ironically today I get a call form the customer support and they said the person wont be coming for the next week or so as they do not have the parts available.

Why would you want to change the part  of a brand new laptop which is not even two weeks old????Is this a known issue for this model??

February 8th, 2014 20:00

iseeker, I just have the Intel Wireless-N 7260 (not dual band) and using driver: 16.5.3.6

4 Posts

February 15th, 2014 15:00

I had exactly the same experience with this same model purchased just last week, received Feb 9. They updated the wireless card drivers, saw a slight improvement. They replaced the motherboard and wireless card (with the same model), no change. The tech suspects an antenna issue. Installing the Intel drivers (instead of Dell's), I saw a slight improvement. I suspect a design issue, and seriously considering returning the PC for credit.

Close to the router I was getting 15Mbps. About 40 feet away, my 3 year old Inspiron 14Z (showed 7-15Mbps*, the new Inspiron 15 7000 series was never higher than 1Mbps, driver update got it almost to 3Mbps. Using Speedtest.net.

* Using Time Warner cable, the bandwidth can be affected by total demand on the system, but my old PC was clearly and consistently at least double the speed at 40 feet, usually much more than double.

4 Posts

February 22nd, 2014 18:00

My issues occurred within the first 2 weeks of having the PC. I am having the PC replaced (it was that or return for credit). I had 2 phone support/remote diag sessions and 2 in home hardware repair sessions and they did not resolve the issue, then they wanted me to send it to depot repair, leaving me without a PC and with no confidence that the 5th repair attempt would be any better than the first four. The issue was that the wireless reception dropped dramatically as I moved away from the router. Your issue may be different. Close to the router it would get 15Mbps, as did my 14Z. At about 40 feet away, the 14Z would still be close to 15Mbps, the Insprion 15 7000 would be at less than 1 Mbps. They replaced the wireless card twice, the motherboard once, they suspect the antenna but could not remove the keyboard in order to replace the antenna.

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2014 18:00

Hi Mohity,

I am planning to replace my card also by 7260 AC in my Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop. And I read in dell forum that you have replaced yours.
Could you please give some guidance on how to replace the card ? Is there any youtube video for the same ? I searched, but couldn't find any resource.

Thank you :)

7 Posts

February 24th, 2014 04:00

i tried not helped at all. i although tried updating the network card to 16.10 and still nothing

4 Posts

February 24th, 2014 04:00

Hello.

I have seen that there is a bios update for this computer. The newest is A06 version. Maybe this bios update solved wifi problems? Have anybody tried it?

4 Posts

February 24th, 2014 06:00

So, as I understood, if my computer will arrive with Intel Wireless Dual-Band 7260 AC 802.11 a/b/g/n, then wifi will work good, and if with Intel Wireless 7260 802.11 b/g/n (not dual), then wifi will work very very slow. Am I right? Is there a didifference in wifi speed with laptops purchased in different countries? Also, is the same issue with wifi fond in laptops from Europe?

15 Posts

February 24th, 2014 10:00

hi ambichetan,

Its very easy to replace the card. Just unscrew the 4 nuts behind and open the bbase cover. and you will see the card. Unplug the antenna wire on the card and pull the card out. I would recommend you to see the laptops manual, it is explained really well in the laptops manual. are u from India? i updated to ac card . driver 16.10 and bios A6. the WiFi works absolutely fine. 

94 Posts

February 24th, 2014 11:00

Hi,
I have the i7 4500U/8GB RAM/Nvidia GT750M model.

1. While playing Need for speed most wanted 2012, temperature of GPU reaches 75 deg Celcius, also the processor temp goes up to 70~75 Celcius, after approx 30min of play.
Is it normal? if not what should i do?

2. @ambichetan: Where from did u purchase that intel 7260AC card? What's the price? Does it clear the wifi issues?

3 Posts

February 24th, 2014 13:00

Thank you. It worked. 

Yes, I am from india. 

3 Posts

February 24th, 2014 13:00

7 Posts

February 24th, 2014 22:00

i am from israel but all this updates did not solved the problems

1 Message

February 25th, 2014 02:00

Hi YAKIRP,

By updates, do you mean software updates?

Or also replacing the wireless card (N-7260) for an AC version?

4 Posts

February 27th, 2014 05:00

I would like to ask everybody, who changed their wireless cards to Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.

Did this solve wifi problems or not?

2 Posts

March 13th, 2014 06:00

I purchased the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for £29 on ebay.co.uk  I will have known the answer by the next week.

By the way I tested this laptop on two routers with standard WiFi adapter and on the Netgear DGN2200 v3 WiFi is work like a charm. But on the other house where is standard, cheap router from internet supplier WiFi is not working correctly. There are big lags, transfer rate is mostly bellow 80 kB/s. It is impossible to watch clips on youtube etc.

No Events found!