Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2017 04:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7559 opening issue

Hi, whenever I open my laptop the plastic body around the left hinge pops up, if I pop it back in it just comes out again. Does anyone know how I can fix this or what has happened? Also, to give some context, I have had this laptop for 5 months and the issue has only just started to happen in the last two or three days. I use my laptop most days of the week for games and work. The picture below shows the problem I am having.

331 Posts

July 2nd, 2017 17:00

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

It is because of the left LCD bracket that is damaged and the system chassis, it needs to be replaced. Please let us know if the system was dropped and provide the system tag details through a private message, we’ll look into the warranty entitlements.

Kindly get back if there are any further queries.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

1 Message

August 26th, 2017 14:00

I have exactly the same problem! And it seems, so do a lot of 7559 owners! It's obviously a design flaw but Dell refuses to fix it. This model should be recalled until the issue is resolved.

I recently had another issue and called Dell support but after spending SIX HOURS on the phone with Dell tech (India I presume), I hung up and fixed the issue myself. I refuse to call them again!

I spent a lot of money for a Three Year in home support and warranty (what a joke) and I will never buy a Dell product again. IF we can get enough 7559 owners involved , a case action suit would be an option.

November 3rd, 2017 23:00

No Events found!