Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 16th, 2017 07:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7559 screen flickering when gaming and charging

Hi,

I have a problem with my screen. My screen flickering only when gaming and plugged in. But when i plugged out the flickering stop. Also, when the power still plugged in but i don't play any game (just browsing, playing video, etc) there is no flickering at all. So flickering only occurs when gaming and charging.

I tried connect to other screen with hdmi, flickering only occurred at my laptop screen. The second screen is fine.

I tried update my bios, adjust power plan, update my nvidia, adjust screen frequency from 60 hz to 48 hz, but there is nothing happened. The problem is still there.

Can you help me with my problem?

Sorry for the grammar.

Regard.

1 Message

December 11th, 2017 11:00

I have the 7559-5012gry and I'm having the same problem. I noticed it goes away after the power inverter heats up. I bought a new charger and it flickers for a shorter time, but i bought a refurbished adapter. I'd buy a new adapter, you can find them on Amazon for $30. Dell sells them for $80

9.4K Posts

September 19th, 2017 04:00

Hi gryksm,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies for your computer not working the way you need it to.  Please perform a systems diagnostics test by pressing F12 at startup and contact Dell Tech Support in your country for additional troubleshooting and possible repair.  Thanks.

4 Posts

September 29th, 2017 03:00

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your advice.

I did perform a systems diagnostics test and there was no problem.

I notice that the screen flickering only when i was gaming and the A/C cord was plugging and also using dedicated video card (GTX 960m).

When I change prefered graphic processor to Intel, even when the A/C cord was plugging, the screen was totally fine.

I tried uninstall  Nvidia driver then install it back with the newest version, the problem is still there.

what should i do next?

No Events found!