Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2017 18:00

Dell Inspiron 15 i15547 Laptop won't start

Hi Experts,

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that won't start anymore. It had been working fine, but does not boot now. I do not see the light on as well that indicates that the laptop is charging. I have tried putting the battery in a friend's laptop of the same model and that seems to be working. Also, the battery adapter works with the other laptop.

Any pointers on what other steps I can do to fix this problem are greatly appreciated.

Laptop model: Dell Inspiron 15 i15547-5033sLV Signature Edition Laptop

Thanks and Regards,
AD

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 26th, 2017 09:00

:emotion-2:

Does the laptop power on or doesn't have any power at all ? The laptop power on but you aren't able to boot into windows?  You're able to hear any beeps? How about Power and battery-status light? Does the LED on the adapter light up ? When you removed the battery, you did press 'Power On' button for 20 seconds to release Status Flea Power and then replace battery ?

Computer Does not Turn on or go Into Windows | Dell US

5 Posts

February 26th, 2017 19:00

Answers in line below:

Does the laptop power on or doesn't have any power at all ? The laptop power on but you aren't able to boot into windows?  - It doesn't power on at all.

You're able to hear any beeps? - No beeps.

How about Power and battery-status light? Does the LED on the adapter light up ? - None of the lights come up.

When you removed the battery, you did press 'Power On' button for 20 seconds to release Status Flea Power and then replace battery ? - I did try that step and replaced the battery. The laptop still did not start.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 27th, 2017 06:00

For further assistance, I suggest you contact Technical Support in the link below:

www.dell.com/.../Contact-Information

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

And I also suggest you disconnect wall cord from AC adapter brick and then reconnect wall cord and brick to make sure they are firmly connected.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

apd2305 wrote: " Does the LED on the adapter light up ? - None of the lights come up ".

You mentioned adapter works with your friend laptop but when you connect adapter to your laptop, the power indicator light on the power adapter doesn't lite up. It does appears that something is wrong with the adapter even though it works on your friend computer. I do suggest you connect the adapter into another wall outlet or use another power strip surge protector. Please click on link below:

AC Adapter Not Powering on the Computer or Charging the ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Check the ID pin in the center of the connector tip to ensure it is not bent.....

No Events found!