Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

December 24th, 2008 14:00

Dell Inspiron 1501 Sound problems.

In the last couple of days, I have been having a problem with the speakers on my laptop. When I go to youtube, or any online video, the audio does not work. Some of the audio from programs and games I have on my laptop do not work. There is only one game that sound DOES work on for me, and that would be Guild Wars. The sound from it works perfectly, even if the sound for anything else does not. When I go control panel, and the sounds,speech and audio devices tab, and click on "Sounds and Devices", I can't change anything, because the sliders and mute buttons are all greyed out, as seen in the picture I've included:

IT won't let me change anything, and it seems like It is showing I do not have any speakers installed on my laptop. I haven't had any changes to my laptop, however, and I haven't deleted/removed the program for my speakers.  I greatly appreciate any help with resolving this problem, as I would like to have my audio restored to normal conditions.

4.4K Posts

December 25th, 2008 01:00

That is odd that one program will work and for the others you have no sound device.  First thing to try is reinstalling the sound driver, located here:

For XP: 

For Vista: 

If you have Vista and the upgraded SoundBlaster Audigy HD sound device install the driver above first and then this one also:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R154230&SystemID=INS_PNT_1501&servicetag=&os=WLH&osl= en&deviceid=12812&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=2&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=3&fileid=206071

4.4K Posts

December 25th, 2008 02:00

Excellent!  :emotion-11:

5 Posts

December 25th, 2008 02:00

Thank you for the help! This seems to have fixed it, sounds are working again!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 2nd, 2012 15:00

no  sound on my laptop.

Please see the "No Audio" FAQ. If you need further help please post the name of your operating system.

2 Posts

dell 1501

2 Posts

no  sound on my laptop.

No Events found!