Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 10th, 2011 07:00

Dell Inspiron 1525 Power Button not working

I did something kinda stupid and tried installing a mac os x lion theme w. a custom skin which after I restarted the computer and logged in left my screen red with no buttons so I couldn't do a system restore and it didn't let me turn off the computer. After I shut it down, I couldn't turn it back on. The power button was not responding so I was only able to turn it on using the MD button which after tinkering with my computer, I reinstalled windows but my power button now is not responding, I set it to sleep after pressing the power button but it still does not work, can anyone help me with this problem?

15 Posts

December 10th, 2011 07:00

Ok idk what I did but its working again.

1 Message

June 6th, 2012 13:00

I'm having the same problem. Except I didn't install any operating system and that it hasnt started working again

June 6th, 2012 19:00

Hi deniall,

Welcome to the Community

Please let us know which system model you have?

Try draining flea power by disconnecting the power cord and the battery from the computer, and then press and hold down the power button for 10 seconds. Connect battery and power cord on to the computer again and try powering the computer on and see if it works.

If the above step doesn’t work, you might need to get the system board replaced.

Please reply for any further assistance.

Always glad to help.

Thank you

Aashish Sengar

Social outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

1 Message

March 30th, 2014 08:00

Hello,

I have similar problem with my old laptop Dell studio 1535. Today, there was power cut due to some maintenance, which meant I was working on computer battery (but the adapter was still pluged in). After some hours, the battery run out, and computer turned off as it supposed to. However when the power went back on, I haven't been able to turn it back on. When I put my adapter in, the led indicator on computer blinks, but it is not even charging the battery. I have tried to take out adapter and battery and to hold the power button, but it did not help either. I have even opened the computer to see whether there is some sign of electricity going in, and I can say that there is a noise of electricity coming from some component, so I wouldn't say that the system board needs to be replaced. Nevertheless, do you have any idea what else can I do? Thank you in advance for your reply.

No Events found!