Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2017 09:00

Dell Inspiron 1525 not starting after cleaning heat sink

Good Morning All,

I have an issue with my Dell Inspiron 1525. It was over heating but it had no startup problem. The computer works well and I am able to use every application.

But after cleaning the heat sink, The computer do not start, Please help me if I need to do any other checks.

Here is what I did to clean the heat sink. I removed the heat sink, removed all the dust and placed back again, I also applied Thermal greese as well. But when I tried to start the laptop, all the multimedia inidcators above the keyboard (mute, volume increase, volume decrease) are seen working as usual, I can hear, it trying to use the DVD drive, I can hear the fan working. I can also see the power indicator (only) in the left corner of the laptop. No hard disk or wifi indicators. I also do not see any of the three error indicators (next to the power button above the keyboard) shown.

One thing to note is, when I tried to remove the sink, the processor also came out. So I loosened he screw, fixed the processor..

I did not completely disasseble to laptop, To remove the heat sink I just touched the eight screws under the laptop and five screws of the heat sink.

Please advice if I need to do any other checks.

7 Posts

March 26th, 2017 16:00

Press Fn button and Power button at the same time.

The caps lock, num lock, scroll lock should start flashing in a certain pattern.

Identify your specific error code here at this link...   blog.parts-people.com/.../

Then follow the procedure beside your light code to hopefully resolve isuue.

Hope I helped.

7 Posts

March 26th, 2017 16:00

One more thing you could try...

Maybe try reseating the cpu once or twice. If that doesnt do it then make sure when you put cpu back on socket turn screw back 180 degrees ( clockwise or counter-clockwise).

Hope i helped.

No Events found!