Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2012 10:00

Dell Inspiron 1764 will not power on

I purchased this laptop in March 2010. It has worked well up until now. I the last month, I noticed an unusual sound lasting 20 seconds a few times. I replaced the power cord a couple of months prior with a dell replacement product. Now, it will not power on at all. The power adapter cord is lit and remain lit when connected to my laptop. I have tried disconnecting the AC and battery and pressing the on button for at least 30 seconds with no result. I have taken it to a local shop and was recommended to "just get a new one". Any other options? I have been loyal to dell products over the last 12 years and am a little disappointed with this issue so soon after the warrenty ran out.

4.4K Posts

October 15th, 2012 22:00

Hi  PennyB36,

Welcome the Community,

There are three LEDs in front of the system.The first LED from the left is the power LED,does it turn on(even for a second) when you try to turn on the system?

Before considering this to be a motherboard failure,I would suggest you to get the power circuit board checked(by local technician) which holds the  power button to turn on/off system.Failure of this board may also cause no power issue.

Refer to this link to find the part: www.parts-people.com/index.php

Note:Above link is a 3rd party website and not a Dell website.

Thank You

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 14:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                      

No Events found!