Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2015 17:00

Dell Inspiron 17r 7720 - black screen after installing Intel HD 4000 driver on Windows 10

Hello,

I have a big problem with my laptop Dell Inspiron 17r 7720 - after installing Windows 10 I cannot install Intel HD 4000 driver. Every time I install whichever Intel HD 4000 driver, screen turns black. When booting, Windows logo is breefly shown and than screen turns black again. It means that I need to use Microsoft basic display adapted in order to use my computer. I cannot control brightness of laptop screen and cannot connect to another monitor. Also I cannot use dedicated graphics card since it is controlled by Intel HD.

It took me several hours to discover that black screen is caused by Intel HD driver, reinstalling Windows several times and I wasted many hours installing and uninstalling many different drivers and constantly switching between normal mode and Safe mode.

It is very annoying that I cannot use my computer properly. Is there any way to solve this or at least find out what is happening with graphics card?

Thank you for your replies.

Jan

No Responses!
No Events found!