Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 25th, 2014 22:00

Dell Inspiron 3147 11.6" - Touch screen 'partly' not working after auto sleep

Every time when the laptop goes to sleep mode by itself and I turn it on again, the touch screen will be partly unresponsive, to be more specific, it is the upper part of the screen. The problem is only at the screen, mouse and touchpad are working fine. Now I can solve the problem by pressing power button to let it sleep and press again to turn it on, but I don't want to do this everyday.

Anyone have answer to this? Please!! I just got it a few days ago!

Thank you.

April 14th, 2015 20:00

Jeff,

Did you plug anything into the USB3 port (next to the HDMI port)?  I think when I plugged a USB2 device (mouse) into that port is when it shut off my touchscreen and USB2 ports.  Look in Device Manager and make sure all your USB/HID items are showing.  If not, open the USB3 driver line and change setting to "enable".  Then they should all magically appear and your situation should resolve.

1 Message

September 14th, 2015 14:00

same story.. and its been hardly a week since i bought it :(

3 Posts

October 4th, 2015 06:00

the touch functionality still requires only complete system restart to resume functionality on a temporary note too, this would sieze to function after screen goes dim or pc running on battery. I however noticed that the taskbar area always retain touch functionality even when the remaining screen area fail to respond to touch. kindly assist.
dell insipiron 11, 3147.

6 Posts

October 5th, 2015 19:00

Thanks for the suggestion. I just upgraded my computer to Windows 10, and it seems to solve the problem. However, now I have other issue(s) instead which I'll be trying to solve. At least the old persistent problem's gone!

1 Message

January 28th, 2016 08:00

Two thumbs up for this answer! I've had this problem for a little over a year now and i just uninstalled quickset in windows 8.1 and voila. Very helpful. Thanks!

4 Posts

June 25th, 2016 06:00

Sadly, this did NOT work for me. When I install Windows, it’s always a clean install. I discovered and installed (to see if there’s any difference) "Dell Quickset" ONLY after reading this thread. This means that the problem persisted all the time my laptop had no Dell Quickset installed.

I unistalled ACPI\SMO8810\1 driver (which add the "free fall" function to the laptop, no idea what it actually does), but it does not affect keyboard locking in tablet mode.

I followed this article: https://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/19/SLN290492/EN
, but it made absolutely no difference.

2 Posts

August 29th, 2016 10:00

Every time I fold the laptop (Inspiron 3147), half of touchcreen-the part closest to the hinges- is dead, no response at all. Same problem with tablet mode on/off. Tried everything suggested here, in the end uninstalling Quickset64 seemed to fix it. Fingers crossed it will last.

2 Posts

August 29th, 2016 10:00

Or just go in Control panel and uninstall Quickset64. Worked for me (Win10).

UPDATE - back to half frozen touchscreen when folded, uninstalling Dell Quickset 64 didn't work for me.

No Events found!