Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2016 09:00

Dell Inspiron 5110 HDMI not working

I've had the Win 7 laptop for a few years, and it's worked faultlessly.

Now the HDMI port no longer works and seems completely dead, VGA port is ok. I've tried several HDMI cables and monitors / projectors. The laptop used to switch the screen off as soon as I plugged in a projector or monitor (and then displayed on the external monitor), that no longer happens, so it's not detecting the monitor or projector at all.

I've been trying to update the graphics drivers without success, I've tried two things:-

1. Went to graphics device in Device Manager and pressed 'Update Driver', it told me my driver was up-to-date (even though its dated 2011)

2. I went to the Dell driver download page and downloaded the most recent Intel (R) Graphics Family driver (August 2012), but this unzipped to a GUI application that crashed.

So I'm a bit stuck, any help appreciated, thanks

Bernie

September 23rd, 2016 17:00

Hi Berenieraffe

Thanks for writing to us.

When did the issue start?

Even though while updating the video drivers it says the drivers are up to date, but would request you to over write the driver and observe for any changes.

Also do update the BIOS just in case.

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

Regards

No Events found!