Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Q

August 20th, 2016 07:00

Dell Inspiron 5537 Audio Problem

I am having problem with the audio of 5537 dell laptop. When I played music, there was no sound in speaker. When i plugged two different headsets, there was still no sound. But when i lowered the volume to 50%, there was sound with buffering, and with occasional noise. Then I lowered further to 10%, the sound was clear.  When i removed the headset, plugged into jack again, there was sound static frequency like ssssssss....... and at this time of posting, the clear audio is gone, now with lower volume there is creeping noise and distorted music.
But not all was that. I performed EPSA, i listened to no sound over speakers (in the pre-boot test). That might seem speaker problem, but that would be okay, since the speakers can be replaced. The problem is why it produces sound to the lowest volume in headsets? I have updated, reinstalled, then performed twice this task, got nothing. It seems there is hardware problem. What guys do you suggest?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 20th, 2016 13:00

Hello. Contact tech support to have it repaired if still under warranty.

August 20th, 2016 13:00

So it is a hardware problem. Unfortunately, the warranty has expired. Is it motherboard problem?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 22nd, 2016 07:00

Is it motherboard problem?

Failure of the ePSA test means that, at a minimum, the speakers have failed (or are disconnected). But it could  mean that the audio chip has failed. If the audio were working okay through the headphones, then failure of the ePSA test would point to the speakers. However, since the headphone audio is faulty, the diagnosis is cloudy.

You could test further by performing a system recovery (revert the laptop back to the original factory configuration) and test the headphone signal immediately afterward. If still faulty at that point, then a motherboard replacement would be necessary to fix the problem with the headphones. After that, test the speakers again to see if they are okay.

August 22nd, 2016 15:00

I contacted the technician. He told me it was speakers problem that needed to be replaced. Since it is okay to have speakers replaced, but the audio jack is seriously not a software problem. The guys at electronic market told to replace the audio jack to see if this could function. However, my earlier experience suggests me otherwise. I have already replaced motherboard because my Ethernet port was not functioning. Then replaced keyboard, then lcd.  All done within warranty. Now it has expired. It would cost a heft bill, so better it would be to buy a usb-audio converter, and external speakers. Simple.

1 Message

August 23rd, 2016 09:00

sir my laptop speaker is change laptop purchase is four month

No Events found!