Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 28th, 2015 11:00

Dell Inspiron 5547 laptop touch pad issue

I have Dell inspiron 5547 laptop. I have touch pad issue. Touch pad is looks it's working but It's not working properly. I can't click on file or any where else. I call dell for support they first uninstall all drivers for Touch pad and re install it. After that it works goods for 2-3 days and once again problem is same.

After that I call once again dell support and they send technician to my house to change touch pad after he change, in few days problem is same.

After that I send my laptop to support center and after getting system back I have same issue.

so I call once more times and they send technician to change hard drive with inbuilt OS. After that In just 2 days I have same problem. Now I request dell to replace my system and I am waiting for their approval But If any One have Any solution then please Reply me 

Thank you

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 28th, 2015 23:00

Hi Raj7108,

I would advise you to download and install the ‘TouchFreeze’ software from the link below and check for issue resolution.

http://bit.ly/oS0Hd

Please let me know if this helps.

7 Posts

April 29th, 2015 08:00

I did but it doesn't not works.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 9th, 2015 08:00

Hi Raj7108,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below and click on ‘Get drivers and downloads’ select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, we need to check if the issue is caused due to any application installed on the system. So please clean boot the system using the link below and then reinstall the touchpad drivers on the system.

http://dell.to/1eOndyH

Please let me know if this helps.

7 Posts

May 9th, 2015 13:00

Thanks ravi bc

I just updated bios version and before 2 days ago and still it's working fine. And I hope will work Fines

thanks again for your concern.

7 Posts

May 26th, 2015 11:00

Hi Ravi BC

I have same problem once again do you have any other solution? please reply me. I can't understand how can pointer moves without touch. if you have any solution please reply.

thank you

1 Message

September 9th, 2015 16:00

I recently learned that this has something to do with the clashing of signals being received from both touch screen and touchpad.

Quickfix is to keep your system clean, i.e. clean registry, temp files, etc. and also defrag your registry if possible also your hard disk.

It helps, I did it a couple weeks ago touchpad responds fine now.

58 Posts

September 30th, 2015 20:00

Hardware
Finally resolved this issue by installing myself another touchpad which I ordered from China.  The instructions on how to replace it are shown in detail on youtube.  It has been over a month now and zero issues. I purposely wetted my hands several times to see if it would behave erratically and am happy to report that it works great - finally!!!

No Events found!