Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 1st, 2017 08:00

Dell Inspiron 5552 Motherboard failure (again)

Back in November of 2015, I purchased 2 Dell Inspiron 15 5552 laptops for my twin daughters for Christmas.

In July of 2016, one of my daughter's laptops died and would beep 7 times (what the internet likes to call the 7 beeps of death).  After getting in touch with customer service they determined it was a motherboard failure and had me send in the laptop for repair.  The laptop was returned a couple of weeks later with a new motherboard and a new power supply and all has been fine until last week.

Last week, less than a year after the motherboard replacement/repair and of course 6 months after the warranty has expired, the same laptop has once again had a motherboard failure.  I called Dell's out of warranty repair service and they want over $270.00 to repair the laptop which is more than what I actually paid for the thing in the first place!  Not to mention that if i get it repaired, they will only warranty the repair for 90 days!

Now my husband and I have been loyal Dell customers for over 10 years and this is the 6th computer we've purchased from them and I need to be honest, this is the last time I will ever purchase another Dell computer.  In my opinion, this is a design flaw and I just want to make everyone aware that Dell's quality has gone down the drain.  

532 Posts

June 3rd, 2017 06:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

We completely understand your concern and we hear your frustration. Sorry about that. Having said that, if the system was in warranty, we’d have been more than happy to replace the faulty hardware. Unfortunately, the system is out of warranty and the services will be paid. We also checked our resources and we see that there are no issues with the system design.

In regards to the parts warranty, once the part is replaced the part carries a warranty period of 90 days and if the parts fails within these given 90 days of time we are responsible for replacing the part. Having said all these, we request you to share the service tag/ express service code, so that we can check the previous case history and let you know with the right information.

No Events found!