Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2015 03:00

Dell Inspiron 5558 Touchpad -- Click Button Sensitivity

I just got an Inspiron 5558, and am working on getting used to it, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to disable the feature that lets the left- and right-click buttons at the bottom of the touchpad move the cursor. I'd like them to just be click buttons, not both, but I can't figure out a way to do that that doesn't also change the sensitivity of my touchpad in general.

(To attempt to explain better, if that doesn't make any sense -- my first laptop had a touchpad and then, immediately below it, two matte plastic buttons that left-clicked and right-clicked, but had no sensitivity other than whether or not they were being pressed; I'd like to find a way to change the settings on my touchpad to emulate that functionality.)

1.2K Posts

October 27th, 2015 04:00

Hi,

I would ask you to confirm if you have used the touchpad utility to make the necessary changes. Below is the necessary snapshot of the Dell Touchpad Utility.

Hoping this helps, If there are any other queries do reply to this post with the service tag of the system.

Regards,

3 Posts

October 27th, 2015 04:00

Can you tell me how to get to this, please? I can only get to Settings -> Devices -> Mouse and Touchpad, which doesn't have any of the options above.

1.2K Posts

October 28th, 2015 01:00

Hi @Hansfish,

I would ask you to send the service tag info along with the OS installed on the system so that I can check the details of the system and provide the link for the Dell Touchpad utility.

Regards,

3 Posts

October 28th, 2015 08:00

Service tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

1.2K Posts

October 29th, 2015 04:00

Hi,

Kindly send these details via private message only.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

No Events found!