Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2017 23:00

Dell Inspiron 5758 touchpad settings/drivers

Hi there,

This seems ridiculous - I've been installing a bunch of drivers in the hope of being able to slow the touchpad down (it scrolls way too fast to be of any use).

Inspiron 5758 on windows 8. I tried:

Looking under my service tag's drivers, but nothing specifically mentions touchpad (or mouse/keyboard for that matter). I assume they are bundled under other stuff, but the descriptions don't allow to know. Besides they are installed & ok.

I've found a bunch of other drivers (on dell.com) & tried, but still can't find the &%($ settings for it anywhere. They're not under mouse/keyboard or anywhere else under the control pannel. This is super frustrating - I mean the thing "works" but it's impossible to access settings anywhere? Shouldn't that filed right under where everything else on Windows is (e.g. control pannel)?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 12th, 2017 08:00

:emotion-2:

Press and hold the Windows logo key and then press the Q key. In the Search box, type main.cpl and then click or touch main.cpl in the list of programs. Click or touch the Dell Touchpad or Cypress Trackpad tab, see image below:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 12th, 2017 08:00

No Events found!