Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 22nd, 2013 18:00

Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop -- Bios Password Set - Need Assistance Resetting the password or Remove it.....

I have an Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop that has a Bios Password Set on it... and the password is not correct that we thought was the one for the laptop....  The password authentication system wont boot the laptop up until we enter the correct password... I have tried all the combinations that we thought the password is or was, but have not had any luck --- that being said the laptop is registered to me/ owned by me --- Can I provide the computer system tag -- that is shown on the screen and someone can help me in getting a reset password to overcome this obstacle.... The service tag is in my profile information and the computer system tag on the laptop bios password sign in screen is .....   B*B*H*1-595B... I intentionally put the three * in the info, so I wouldn't compromise the service tag for my laptop for the world to see and use...

Can someone at Dell support assist me with this dilemma??

Thanks....

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 27th, 2013 19:00

It's about $60 in the US.

5 Posts

Dare I ask what a "support call charge" cost is for a very simple reset password???

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

You will need to call Dell - upon verification of ownership, they'll generate a bypass password.  There is a support call charge for the call -- it's not free.

5 Posts

March 24th, 2013 22:00

Does anyone know the answer to the question -- what the cost is for a "support call charge" to have my BIOS Password Reset on my Inspiron 6000 Laptop??

5 Posts

March 27th, 2013 18:00

I guess no one knows what the cost is for support call charges huh?? Does no one use the Support Call Technical Dept of Dell???

5 Posts

March 28th, 2013 17:00

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!  I appreciate your assistance in answering my question... Thanks!!!

No Events found!