Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 10th, 2012 13:00

Dell Inspiron 7520 max cpu temperature??

Hello,

yesterday i started to play Guild Wars 2 with my new Dell Iinspiron 7520 on lowest settings.

In the background while playing I tracked all hardware sensors with the tool HWiNFO.

After i finished about two hours i saw that the maximum reached value in that time of the cpu temperature was 77°C.

The fan is loud on playing as well, although i am playing on a table and nothing is in front of the fan-output.

The temperature while playing was about 70°C. Without playing anything, like now, i have a cpu temperature of 52°C.

I got no problems on playing and there was no issue, all works fine. But i have a bad feeling knowing the cpu temperature went that high.

I want to know if i got bad hardware issues and/or the cpu will be damaged if i continue playing in future.

Thx for any help!

677 Posts

October 10th, 2012 19:00

Hi ReneA_DE,

Please check if the 'Rubber feet' at the bottom of the laptop are intact. You can try cleaning the air vents with a can of compressed air. You can also try updating the latest BIOS for the system from the following link:

http://dell.to/OHd8rj

Please connect the Ac Adapter before updating. Once the update is initiated, Please do not use the system until it restarts completely

I hope this helps.

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Thanks and regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

No Events found!