Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2016 10:00

Dell Inspiron 7537 not switching on

I have been using this laptop without any issues. Yesteday I used the laptop and then properly shut it down. When I came back to use it, I could not power it on

Though when I plugged in the power cord, the front battery status light works, but when I press the power button it does not  start the laptop.

I have tried to remove the battery and unplug the the power cord, pressed the power button for over 2 minutes, then pluggedin the power cord again but didn't work. Please help if you know of a solution that might work

June 5th, 2016 12:00

The laptop was fine, no blue screens. This situation occurred suddenly. When I press the power button nothing happens.

2K Posts

June 5th, 2016 12:00

Hi IBRAHIMKITS,

Were there any bluescreens / system crashes? Was the system overheating? Do you see the power led come on for a second or two when you press the power button? Do you have another power adapter that you could test with? Does the light on the power adapter stay on and stable when connected to the system? Do you see any other leds come on?

Download the service manual - http://dell.to/1Vpgdgo- and reseat the memory modules / HDD and check if it powers on.

If the power come on and there is no display, then try fn + power button to turn on the system to run diags - the exact # of beeps would help isolate the source of the issue.

If the system is under warranty, write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email). If there is no warranty, If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Let us know if you have any other queries.

2K Posts

June 6th, 2016 13:00

Hi IBRAHIMKITS,

Thank you for the response.

Please provide a detailed response to my last post and we can help / guide you further.

Keep us updated.

No Events found!