Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 30th, 2017 11:00

Dell Inspiron 7548 Trackpad Driver

Hello

FOr some reason, my dell inspiron 7548 trackpad driver reverted to a generic driver and I can no longer configure two finger gestures. The website based on the Service Tag points to a Unifying Driver from Logitech that doesn't seem to make sense, and asks for a small usb receiver. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Doug

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 1st, 2017 10:00

KM714 is the Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, not the laptop touchpad? Are you saying the Unifying driver applies to both? Correct, I also cannot find a touchpad driver.

What operating system? Did you recently allow Windows to do updates? If yes, rollback the update to find the generic touchpad driver that it pushed. Then the original driver should get reinstalled. Open the Device Manager- Mice and Other Pointing Devices. What is listed? Here is mine from the Latitude E7240L =

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 1st, 2017 10:00

:emotion-2:

As you already know, dell doesn't list any driver for your touchpad. Microsoft installed the generic driver from their windows updates. If you click on View Details (Dell Unifying Driver) in your Dell Product Support page, and then Enhancements:

17 Posts

June 1st, 2017 11:00

But the unifying driver asks me to insert a usb device to connect to a logitech mouse...

17 Posts

June 1st, 2017 11:00

under Mice and other pointing devices, i only have HID-compliant mouse and not Dell Touchpad...

17 Posts

June 1st, 2017 15:00

i am using Windows 10 Professional

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 2nd, 2017 07:00

Prior to this issue, did you recently allow Windows to do updates? If yes, rollback the Windows update to find the generic touchpad driver that it pushed. Then the original driver should get reinstalled.

No Events found!