Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2017 15:00

Dell Inspiron 7559 fan issue

I've recently noticed that the fans on my Dell Inspiron 7559 won't spin down to 0rpm after they've been spun up for a while. This is most noticeable after gaming; after I've closed a game the fans don't spin down fully (they spin down a bit, but are still audible) and they stay like this until I restart my computer.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar with their machine, and if so, have a solution to the problem.

Thanks in advance.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 9th, 2017 10:00

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 9th, 2017 10:00

:emotion-2:

It appears the system is overheating. I'd suggest you run the 'Guide Me' option in your Dell Product Support page. It will automatically detect driver updates for the system. Please follow instructions to run Guide Me option in the link below:

How to Find Drivers and Update Them (Official Dell Tech ...

2 Posts

April 10th, 2017 03:00

I've also experienced this on my Inspiron 13 5378, but to a lesser extent.

CPU maxes out at ~95c on a heavy work load, fans are kicked in and remain full tilt for about 10-15 mins after CPU temp has dropped below ~50c.

4 Posts

April 10th, 2017 09:00

mylesmoo, sounds almost identical to the issue I'm having.

4 Posts

April 10th, 2017 09:00

I'd like to point out that the heat of the computer isn't the issue; the CPU is below 50 degrees°C yet the fans still remain active. Sleeping/waking the laptop results in the same temperatures, however the fans will switch off completely (until they switch themselves back on after doing something intensive).

No Events found!