Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2017 15:00

Dell Inspiron 7559 pop/static from subwoofer

I just bought a brand new 7559 laptop and noticed the pop/static sound just before any audio is played through the speakers. Continous audio plays without issues. I have also tried all the solutions that others suggested.

I'm not sure if mine is a unique issue or if no one narrowed down to the subwoofer.

That pop/static sound is generated from the internal subwoofer. If I go into speaker properties and change the subwoofer level to 0, the pop is gone. Likewise if you restore the system to use default drivers the pop is gone. (default drivers does not use subwoofer) Which explains why the pop is gone. Anyone else have the same issue and have a solution to this? Initially I thought it was the driver issue and power management but now it seems like a hardware problem.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 10th, 2017 09:00

tried all the solutions that others suggested.

Sorry, I don't have any new solutions. I had gathered together the workarounds/solutions that already were posted, on the Inspiron 7559 section of the Choppy/Skipping Audio FAQ.

I'm not sure if mine is a unique issue or if no one narrowed down to the subwoofer.

At least one workaround was related to the woofer.

3 Posts

March 10th, 2017 10:00

Thanks Jim,

I requested a replacement from dell, I'll provide an update once I receive the new unit.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 10th, 2017 14:00

I'll be interested in hearing about it.

3 Posts

March 19th, 2017 13:00

Just bought another unit with i7 processor,  it seems to have the same issue but the pop is not as bad.

No Events found!