Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2011 21:00

Dell Inspiron 8600 Laptop Video Controller (VGA Compatible) Driver Problem.

I recently reinstalled my OS, but lost all my drivers. I was able to take care of all of them except the Video Controller Driver. My Laptop has not been upgraded or modded, (I got it at a garage sale) I just don't know which driver to install. Stock Parts inside, just need help being directed to the right Driver.

Thanks!

3 Posts

April 7th, 2011 07:00

Yes I did, I know HOW to install drivers I just don't know WHAT driver to install. Like I said, I  have all stock parts in this laptop. What Driver do I install?

need the Video Controller(VGA Compatible) Driver.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 7th, 2011 08:00

The BIOS screen will tell you whether you have ATI or nVidia video (F2 at powerup).

3 Posts

April 7th, 2011 22:00

Okay that helped greatly and I was immediately able to find the correct driver! thank you so much EJN63.

2 Posts

November 19th, 2011 10:00

after installing the ATI driver for xp   ati Radon 7500  video on my  dell notebook  Inspron 5100    it comes up to the windows screen and then goes black

I can hear windows start up  but no video     I am going to try going to safe mode and undo the driver but if not I   will I have to reinstall the whole system again from formating the HD ?

No Events found!