Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 31st, 2009 15:00

Dell Inspiron E1705 won't recognize the power Dell Power Cord and won't charge the battery

Is there a work around or a patch to fix this? The Unit gets the power. the battery is brand new ( just replaced the original) and this just started today (after owning the unit for about 2 years). It gives the error message " unknown power adapter type" and only allows the unit to stay on not charge the battery.batt

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 31st, 2009 16:00

If a new Dell adapter doesn't fix the problem, the mainboard needs repair or replacement.

2 Posts

June 17th, 2009 13:00

Hi, could you let me know if you find a solution to your problem. I have the same problem with my Inspiron 9400. The charger and battery are new but it wont find the charger. It gave me an charger error once and from then on  did not charge.

Thanks

1 Message

August 2nd, 2009 17:00

I have two chargers for my 1705E. One I used in the car with a inverter for 120 volt, the inverter seems to have damaged the adapter.The adapter I used in the car is no longer reconizes by the laptop but will allow the laptop to run but not charge while the other adapter works fine. 

No Events found!