Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2011 04:00

Dell Inspiron mini 10 netbook can't remember password for administarter

I have a inspiron mini netbook and I can't remember my password to the administrater. I can only go in as a guest now. I tried to reset it by using a flash drive like it said but then it said to put in the reset password disc into the diskdrive. I can't put a disc in it because there is no disc drive. What can I do?

1 Message

September 7th, 2012 19:00

I have a inspiron mini netbook and I can't remember my password to the administrater. I can only go in as a guest now. I tried to reset it by using a flash drive like it said but then it said to put in the reset password disc into the diskdrive. I can't put a disc in it because there is no disc drive. What can I do?

3.3K Posts

September 7th, 2012 22:00

Hi ruben76,

We would have a specific fix to your computer to unlock the password; I will help you in that. But if that does not work it might also result in complete reinstallation of Operating system as well. In case of active warranty on the system please private message me the system service tag, contact number and registered owners name.

To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation.

Warranty status: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/warranty/warranty_information?c=us&l=en&s=gen

Awaiting to hear from you.

4 Posts

December 22nd, 2016 19:00

Although this question is many yes ago, i do want to leave my answer here:

Here you still can login with the guest account, so you can first get into your inspiron mini with the guest account.

And then you can move the data from you inspiron mini to a safe place.

At last, reset your inspiron mini to factory settings.

No Events found!