Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2011 05:00

Dell InspironOne doesnt record music from speakers

Inspiron one is considered a laptop?

Anyway if I wanted to record music from audacity or etc,it would record from mic instead.Is it just made that way?

Oh I mean like record the sound thats coming out of the speakers like.....the clean sound.But instead it records from the computer mic which I can hear my fan and TV...etc.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

Record from speaker? Huh? I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 25th, 2011 06:00

Inspiron one is considered a laptop?

It is considered a desktop and you should post on the Desktop Audio discussion board. Be sure to tell them your complete model name (like One 19, One 2305, etc) and your operating system.

You want to internally record the output of the integrated sound card, and that depends on whether or not the sound card's driver allows that. I just looked and at least one of those "One" models has Conexant audio, while others have Realtek audio. I don't know anything about Conexant and it might not be able to do what you want.

If you have Realtek you might be able to do it, because some Realtek drivers allow you to select "stereo mix" as the recording source. "Stereo mix" is a source that captures the output of the sound card.

Sometimes it is hidden and to find it you have to go to the Sound properties, select the recording tab,  then right click in the open space and click "show disabled devices" to uncover it.

No Events found!