Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2014 14:00

Dell Inspirpn N5050 freezes at black screen with arrow.

Hello All. My Dell Inspiro N5050 is having a few troubles. It was running absloulty fine yesterday and now when I power up, it sticks just before the logon page at just the black screen with the mouse. It even does the same if I try to start it in safe mode. I have run a BIOS which comes back clean. Have also tried the power off and hold the on button for 20 seconds  but alas, the problem. I'm unable to do a system restore and cannot find the optipn for a factory restore.  Any help will be appreciated.

November 24th, 2014 00:00

Hi svrdan,

Welcome to Dell community.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to run the “LCD Test”.

Switch off the computer > Press and hold down the ‘D’ key on the keyboard and press the Power button > you will see different colors on the LCD screen. During the LCD test please check if the screen is black?

In addition connect a known good monitor and check if the issue persists

Run hardware diagnostics and see if you get any error.

To run the hardware diagnostics,tap F12 on start up (Dell logo),select Diagnostics,press enter.

Try removing one memory module and swap the memory modules on both slots (One memory at a time) and check if the issue persists. To remove and reseat the memory use the link below.

http://dell.to/17xTZkS 

In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual.

Please keep me posted with the results.

6 Posts

November 24th, 2014 01:00

Hello. Thankyou for your reply. Have conducted the suggestions you made and all have passed the BIOS. Even after resetting the memory.  Basically the laptop will load up normally until just before the login page. There is a black screen with moveable cursor. It hangs there and wont load upup the login page. As stated before, the same happens for when i try and load it up in safe mode

November 25th, 2014 01:00

Hi svrdan,

Please run Dell diagnostics http://t.co/AaQdM3JN7f and reply us back with result. 

No Events found!